Saturday, November 7, 2015

Book Read: A Tale of Three Kings by Gene Edwards

by Gene Edwards 



“What do you do when someone throws a spear at you?”
Light, clarity, and comfort for the brokenhearted. This best-selling tale is based on the biblical figures of David, Saul, and Absalom. For the many Christians who have experienced pain, loss, and heartache at the hands of other believers, this compelling story offers comfort, healing, and hope. Christian leaders and directors of religious movements throughout the world have recommended this simple, powerful, and beautiful story to their members and staff. You will want to join the thousands who have been profoundly touched by this incomparable story.


My Review:
I've read this book for an hour, which means that this book is really interesting and a fast read. The beginning is quite unusual, yet as I've continue reading the pages, I realized the reason of the style of the author.

The story of the three kings; David, Saul and Absalom is a very good example of being a leader and being a follower.  David's story is a perfect example of brokenness. His reactions to Saul (authority) and Absalom (follower) is an unusual reaction nowadays but a very godly one.  I can actually relate with David since I've been under authority  of a not so good leader, yet I'm guilty of a wrong reaction unlike David. I hope I had read this book before, but well God has His reason why I just read this now.

So out of 5 rating, I will rate this as 4.5. And I highly recommend this book to my fellow Christians out there who are struggling with leadership and authority from their church leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment